Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I'll Spread My Wings

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly. 
I'll do what it takes til I touch the sky...
~ Kelly Clarkson

Now that FW is "hang 2" certified (which means he is able to pilot a hang glider on his own), he's become quite the air junkie, investing in his own glider and the many "must have" accessories to go along with it. This past weekend, we spent an entire day at Highland Aerosports in Ridgely, Maryland. This is where FW has spent countless hours of training over the past 2 years with some of the most experienced glider pilots on the East Coast. According to coach Sunny, he was not quite ready to fly his new precision glider over the weekend, so FW flew the training glider, practicing his landing patterns, and flying to an altitude of 2,500 feet for approximately 30 minutes.

He was quite happy and satisfied with his flying time over the weekend and it is his hope to foot launch his very own glider this summer in the beautiful mountains of Tennessee.   

To see more photos and video of hang gliding, hop on over to my Facebook page.

FW attaches his variometer to the glider

Assembling his new glider for the first time. Adam instructs him in set-up.




Sorting out the "bones" of the glider

Almost done


Ready to fly!


1 comment:

Jan n Jer said...

Wow...love the colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails